Thursday, February 22, 2007

Where I'm at

This past Sunday I was asked to read a prayer that tied into my pastor's message. I found it interesting that what I was suppose to read were some of the same thoughts and feelings that I have been experiencing. Here is the prayer.

"Dear Lord,
Sometimes I feel like a stranger in a foreign land, displaced and dispirited. The grief I carry is so heavy, and I have carried it so long that sometimes I just want to sit down and have a good cry. I feel like hanging it all up the way the Jews hung up their harps on the branches of those willow trees. I am tormented by all the joyful songs I am expected to sing. But how can I sing those songs while I am, where I am, in this land that is so foreign, with these feelings that are so foreign? Give me they lyrics I need, Lord, and the tune to go with them. Give me the strength to sing along with the voices of others to sing with me. For I can't do this as a solo. I just can't. Connect me to other believers, Lord. Rope me to kindred spirits with caring hearts so that whatever valleys we must pass through--however dark, however deep--we will pass through them together."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina
I love you and though I dont know what to say to bring you joy or comfort I am praying for you!
t