Friday, July 11, 2008

$28,000




Pregnancy....well for one I'm not pregnant nor will I ever be for a while. But I'm intrigued by this phenomenon but really cannot relate to women who have been pregnant, can't get pregnant, or are trying to get pregnant. BUT, I do have some common sense.


I saw Martha Stewart's daughter on a talk show. She is 42, divorced and really wanting to have a child. So she is going to extreme measures to best prepare her body to get pregnant at her age. That means tons of monthly ultrasounds, lots of drugs, shots, doctor appointments...and all of this for a cost of $28,000 PER MONTH!!!


Are you kidding me? I mean, come on! Yes, she is dying to have a child and she is trying really hard for this to happen (which I have not been in her shoes so I don't fully get it). But maybe, just maybe it's not suppose to happen or happen this way or at this time. OR is that really the smartest way to spend 28 grand every month?!


As you might have picked up upon, this pissed me off. I don't even need to go into orphans in Africa not having food to eat, but as a person who works hard each month to make it, then to hear this chick spending tons of money in one month that I don't even make in a year on drugging up her body so that she has a healthy egg to impregnate made me sick.


Am I off my rocker? Is there something that I am missing? Oh, please do tell.

No comments: