Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Oh, you can't go to heaven...

No we did not sing that familiar camp fire song at our all church retreat this past weekend. Thank goodness!!!!

It was so fun to get away and hang out with so many people. It is great to be able to get away and leave so many distractions behind and just have quality time with my church.

I was pleasantly surprised to arrive at camp and realize that the theme was The Amazing Race. I was so excited! I really enjoy watching the show and wondered what it would be like to be a part of that race. Our church was divided into teams and different tasks at hand to do. Not only would you receive a flag for coming in first there were also flags hid around this HUGE camp. It was a lot of fun and a great activity to get to know other families and it built unity. Our team was in second place and came back from behind to win! It was awesome!!!!!

Something I did realize is that I DO NOT LIKE camping. I link camping with staying in cabins. The cabin I was in was SO nasty. From cobwebs hanging everywhere to dead bugs in the shower to a slanted matress that not only made me not sleep but messed my back up even more. When I was younger sleeping in cabins didn't bother me but now it is a different story. Times have changed!!!

Bring on another race...let's go!

No comments: