Saturday, September 02, 2006

Music generations

Please remind me to NEVER work a double when I need to leave my house at 5:45 ******* a.m. especially when I get home at midnight.

I heard a few oldies today. I can really get into oldies music if I am in the right mood. There are some great classics. As I heard "Build me up buttercup" today I thought about some legends like Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Barry White, and some others. And then I recalled last nights VMA amwards (sad, sad, sad).

I thought about what our kids or our grandkids would consider "oldies" music when they get to be our age. The sad realization was that they are going to have a lot of crap and inappropriate lyrics to sing too. I mean what will they be jammin' too...50 cent or Panic at the Disco (what the hell with that band) or Shakira (YUCK!!!!)???? Don't get me wrong, there is some decent stuff, but I can only think of a few that I might want these up and coming kids to listen to: Cold Play, Jack Johnson, Norah Jones...

I mean really how much worse could some of these lyrics get and the slutty (to put it nicely) videos...AHHHH

No comments: