Thursday, August 31, 2006

I almost wet myself twice today

What a day leaving for work at 7 a.m. to get home home FROM WORK at 1:15 a.m.!

Incident 1:
So I leave straight from subbing today (which was great, can't wait to have my own class) to nannying. After dinner I take this guy on a little walk. I needed to return a few calls that I missed during the day and what better time than on a walk. So I am pushing this little tyke in his car that is kind of noisy and I have my ear piece in the other ear. I am done talking on the phone just enjoying the walk when all of the sudden I hear screeching noises along with skid marks. I turn around to see this boy (about 8 yrs. old) on his bike trying to stop so he wouldn't run into me. Hello....could he not say excuse me or go around on the grass. I couldn't believe I almost got ran over by a 8 yr. old on his bike! That would have been a great story to tell.

Incident 2:
I have picked up the toys, done the dishes, and am trying to relax on the couch and get some rest while I am still working. This family has a black cat and she is on the kitchen table. Ok, this repulses me so I attempt to shoe (how do you spell this word in this context?) her off. Bad idea...she starts hissing and then all of the sudden she puts her back up and starts galavanting around the kitchen. Now I am scared shitless. I do not want this psycho animal coming after me. She continues to do her thing and now I am curled up in a chair with a big pillow to protect me. Then the idiotic animal decides to come near, I am sweating and I just keep talking nicely to it like that is going to do something. After a good 30 minutes, she calms down and I am able to leave the chair. I then succesfully get her out of the room and put up the baby gates so that she cannot come near me for the remainder of the night. But yet I still worry because I wonder if she has the ability to jump over them. So much for a relaxing evening. I didn't really like cats before and this incident increased my hatred for them.

No comments: