Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New Hobby?

I don't think so. Today was my mother's birthday. I decided a few months back to do something extra special for her birthday gift. I came up with idea of doing a scrapbook of our Disney trip this past summer. I haven't done one of these books in about 13 years.

I totally forgot what a BIG job this was. The time and energy that went into it was amazing.

As I would go to stores and work on the book, I was amazed at the beautiful pages people would make and just the whole creative aspect was fun.

Despite all the work, the book came out great and my mother was so appreciative of it!!! This made it all worth while.

Do you ever do something and think no one will understand or see what you do or how much time you put into something to make that work? Well this was the feeling I had with this book, but I was wrong. My mom recognized the time, energy, money... and that made me so happy and the fact that she couldn't get over it made me even more excited.

But, it will probably be another 13 years before I do another one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds amazing and I am glad it turned out well
t