Saturday, January 13, 2007

Recap of 1st week

I loved every bit of this week! Teaching was so fun and the kids were great!

My hip hop class started. I was so lost, uncoordinated, a bit behind, but the class is a blast and I can't wait for next weeks.

The Bulls game was enjoyable to go to as always, it just seemed like the Bulls weren't playing up to their abilities. And what was up with all the Elvis impersonators, the girl Elvis weirded me out the most!

Laughter: I was reviewing compound words with the students. I would give them clues like: I am an old woman, I have children who have children, I may live in a nursing home...who am I. As I was waiting to hear grandmother, one kid shouts out "old lady, that is what my dad calls my mom" as he chuckles. As I burst out laughing with the other kids, this made me a bit sad too, but I still found it funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your first week went well. I loved the story about compound words you just never know that kids will say.