Sunday, January 28, 2007

Throw down with Gina G

So how many of you have seen the show "Throw Down with Bobby Flay" on the Food Network?

Last night I was challenged to do a cupcake throw down. There was an 11 year old girl who was having her friends sleepover for her birthday party. The main event of the evening was a cupcake competition, they were going to make a batch of cupcakes and I was going to.

So we introduced ourselves, shook hands, and the battle was on. It was really fun to do this. The girls were so into making theirs the best. The kitchen was a disaster too! After we both had finished baking, cooking, and decorating the cupcakes there were judges there to tally it up.

In the end I think I won. By that time the girls were more interested in learning how to use my pastry bag and make cupcakes look presentable. And of course eating them was on the forefront of everyone's mind.

Good times, good time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.