Thursday, April 12, 2007

Is Love Blind?

I became quickly intrigued by the radio station 101.9 when they decided to hook up 2 people to see if they could fall in love without seeing each other. They had experts which helped in the process too. After interviewing different brides and grooms they narrowed it down. There was now 1 bride and 1 groom. They talked on the phone and even went on a date to a restaurant where partitions were set up. Since I had a job where I couldn't listen to the radio all the time I was unable to hear many of their interactions, but when I did something just glued me to listen in.

Well, today was the big day where they would walk down the aisle and see each other for the first time and then decide their fate. I was trying to think what this would be like if it were I. So strange, don't know if I could do it. I like the premiss of this whole event on getting to know someone based on their personality instead of their physical appearnace. I totally believe that personality is key, but I have to be honest, I don't know if the personality would completely win if I didn't find the guy attractive.

So this morning I logged online where I could see the event take place. I saw the groom and I saw the bride. Then the website crashed just at the exact time they would see each other for the first time. What a bummer. I was still able to listen to what was going on. They decided to not get married but continue to date and see what happens since they have only dated for 3 weeks. I will be very curious to keep up with this story and see if love is really blind.

No comments: