Sunday, December 23, 2007

Why

What is it about the holidays that bring about the following. As a single, available girl I do pretty well with balancing the whole fact that I do not have that special someone in my life. I go about my business, enjoy life, work towards my goals, and I am not consumed and don't have that feeling of doom lingering over me since I am not currently dating (I know some that do). But for some reason around the holidays that all gets thrown out the window. Why? I would thoroughly love to have those warm fuzzy feelings and contemptment with that "person" (I can hear some of you now, "it doesn't look like it appears" or "that will fade" blah blah blah, let me enjoy it for a time). But that is not going to happen before Christmas in three days. So I will seize the moment and enjoy my time now with my family and friends and work through those feelings that won't be met. I know that one of these holidays these feelings will be met and I look forward to that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love ya Gina!

amy

sharonie said...

gina, you are an amazing person...you are an amazing friend, you are a beautiful, fun loving, honest person....the Lord hasn't forgotten you in your desire for someone....in his time he makes all things beautiful in his time!

Anonymous said...

I pray all the time and know that God has already planned that special someone and he will be right around the corner when you are least expecting it...besides, who are my sons going to marry when they grow up if you are already taken!!!!