Saturday, October 28, 2006

Marie Antoinette

Today I began to chisel away at the list of movies that I posted yesterday. In case you are unaware, AMC does this great deal where before noon on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday every movie is $5. Back to the movie.

I went into the movie thinking it would be a chick flick and really I was looking for some brainless entertainment. I do admit that I do not know a whole lot about history and I am wondering if that would have helped me to understand this movie.

Questions I left with:

1. What was the point of this movie?

2. Why didn't Marie Antoinette stand up for herself?

3. Why was her mother SO involved?

4. What was the point of the first part of the movie having not a whole lot of dialogue? There was no climatic point building, all I wanted was some interactive chatting.

So instead of having this happy feeling when I was left, I was more or less a bit annoyed and confused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always hate when I go into a movie thinking it will be one thing and it turns out to be another. i just saw the history boys and it was like that for me. I am seeing Marie A. this week I will email and disscuss with you if you like.
tish