Sunday, June 24, 2007

My friend

I don't know about you, but I do a lot of thinking in the car. It is amazing to me how I can be thinking about something and then 2 minutes later I have gone on mulitple tangents and wondered, how did I ever get here in my thinking.

Today was one of those days. I heard a song that reminded me of a friend. A friend that I enjoyed spending time with. A friend that I liked going to get some cocktails with. A friend who I felt safe around. A friend that let me be me. A friend that was incredibly creative. A friend who was intelligent and would teach me things. A friend who I would discuss music with. A friend who would listen to me. A friend who would challenge me.

It made me so sad to think of my friend who I don't talk to or see anymore. I miss my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too spend a great deal of time thinking in my car sometimes I even take the long way to where ever I am going just so I can have a bit more time.

t