Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Disgust

As I have said before I am working out and eating healthy. I am trying to lose a little more weight before I go on our family vacation in 7 weeks. I am motivated to work harder to reach my goal.

In the past few weeks I have encountered more and more people older than me, let's say above 40, who are going on diets and just not satisfied with how they look. This makes me so frustrated to know that at that age, one has not come to grip with how they look. Why does body image have to be such a consuming thing? Do girls ever get to a point of being content? Will this always be a problem?

I don't want to get to the age of 50 and realize that I wasted years of time being so worried about the weight I am or what size clothes I fit into. It is hard with the society that we live in. I think that is part of the problem but the rest lies within. We or I need to continue to change my perception and not dwell on this. There are bigger things in life that should be of more concern.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

Gina, you are so beautiful and I love your sense of style. You look great and all your effort of working out and eating healthier is paying off. I hope you can see that soon!