Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Soft, calm voice

As from previous posts it has been stated that my life is full of confusion right now. I am here to report some good news. Well, it's not that I found a job for the summer or a job for the fall or determined where I will be living or anything like that. What I do have to say is that God is faithful. At this point in my life, all I can cling onto is that God has a purpose and plan and to keep my eyes fixed on Him. Is that easy, hell NO?!?! But I continue to push through it. The other day I was listening to some worship music, and to those of you who know me are going to find this crazy, but I have been listening to Christian radio and worship music more frequently. Due to where I am at, I need to be reminded of who God is and what He is doing in my life on a regular basis so I don't go crazy, and Christian music is helping me with that.

Ok, back to what I was saying, a song came on and I was worshipping God with my hands raised towards Him (while I was driving) I was gently reminded to take one day at a time and that He will show me each and every day what I need to be doing and even maybe what I don't need to be doing. This helped put my thoughts, emotions, and actions at ease. Did it cure everything...no, but I remind myself of that time and hold onto that promise that God has for me. This was such a simple reminder that we have heard a million times, but this time I felt it and needed to apply it immediately!

This is a testing time and God is preparing me for something. He is refining me and molding me for something. I cannot wait to figure out what that is! My faith will be strengthened and I am thankful.

No comments: