Thursday, May 08, 2008

REAL WORLD

Usually I am way into the MTV show "The Real World" but this season I just haven't paid much attention to it. This morning when I was working out this show was on. Man, watching this made my work out go so fast, which was a huge added bonus. It definitely hooked my attention and so I figured I would watch the next episode which was tonight.

There is a guy on the show named Joey. He is a body builder who is huge, has battled with drugs and alcohol, and has poor self esteem. I know this is going to sound so cheezy and you can mock me all you want, but watching him breaks my heart!!!! To see past the physical appearance and see a person who is in so much pain was sad to see. He talks about his past and his family and how horrible it is. I was reminded that there are people all around who are struggling and going through a variety of issues. People have tough backgrounds, rough families, and sad situations. Even though on the outside it may seem that everything is grand, it may not be.

This is moving me to pray that they would find true hope.

No comments: