Friday, November 07, 2008

An opportunity for YOU!

In the past I have enjoyed serving people, children, teachers, and families on mission trips. It's been a little time since I've gotten to do this and I feel like it's time to go on another one. But in the meantime while I figure that out, I would still like to serve. There are a million reasons why I enjoy this but I won't go into them. :)

I found out about a place called Feed My Starving Children. This organization packages dried food (chicken, veggies, rice, and soy) and sends them to the outer parts of the world to children who have no food, are starving to death, are ill...Currently they are shipping the food to Haiti. And considering that I've been to Haiti and have seen so many children digging for food in garbage dumps, I couldn't be more thrilled that those kiddos will get some nourishment.

What I love about Feed My Starving Children is that I can go and package the food and help those who are in need. All it takes is to go on a volunteer night (it's about once a week) for two hours and give your time to help. Also, it's right here in the suburbs, Aurora, so you don't have to go far!

I find that giving up some of my time to help bless others helps me too. I encourage any and all to try it out one night. There have been lots of families that do this as well. Check it out at http://www.fmsc.org/

1 comment:

sharonie said...

If you go a time in Dec. let me know...I wanna tag along and go with you!