Saturday, November 22, 2008

Youth of today

I feel really old writing this post but here it is anyway.

I've had the opportunity to work with high school students over the past few weeks. I wasn't sure what I'd be getting myself into, but I thought I would try it despite the unknown.

And boy I was shocked. The swearing that is used is like a part of their normal vocabulary. Boys and girls just hanging all over each other like they will never see each other again. The lack of motivation and disrespect was also very evident.

What is happening to the youth of today? Where are the parents? Is it only going to continue to get worse? How can we change this?

With having a sibling in high school and one that will be there next year, I'm scared and concerned for what they have to encounter on a daily basis. How strong will they be? Will they be able to resist temptations? There's a million questions, it's time to get back on my knees.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

gina, this is why you would be a great jr. high leader at calvary. you would be so good at ministering to those kids and helping them along the road of life in such tough times of our world right now.