Friday, July 21, 2006

Time

The past few nights I have attended MERGE which is an event that Sonlife ministries puts on for highschool youth groups that is held at Wheaton College. Some of my friends help lead it so it was fun to see what it was all about and hang out with them.

Yesterday when we were eating dinner in the cafeteria of Wheaton College, I ran in to a cook that I use to work with. It was so wonderful to see his familiar face. I really do miss my friends and the friendships that I made when working at the restaurant, it is sad to me that those connections aren't as strong as they use to be.

Well that was a little off the path...back to what I was saying.

What struck me when I saw my friend was that I am REALLY thankful that I made the decision to quit working those crazy food service hours. I didn't have a life at all. I started to think about all the things I missed out on last year and was so excited that the cycle would not repeat.

One of those things I won't miss out on is Amy's birthday. As Amy and I talked yesterday we started planning our birthdays, they are a little ways away but it doesn't hurt to start brainstorming. Right? It was sad to think that last year I couldn't spend it with her because I was working. My time is SO valuable to me and I am so grateful that now I have the freedom to do the things I want to do.

2 comments:

Tory Jane said...

You crazy girls and planning your birthdays...

It was good to see you at Merge. I'm glad you were able to make it out on a couple different nights!

Anonymous said...

Ok, here are my latest birthday ideas:

1. Rent an inflatble bouncy thing.
2. Go to Fuego, my favorite Mexican
Restaurant.
3. Have a 70's party where we make
tie-die shirts.
4. Have a Libby Lu Party
5. Have a sweets party with cupcakes
and candy and ice cream.

Tell me Gizzo which one you think is best for my birthday and which one you want for your birthday. We can never plan too early.

Amy