Friday, July 28, 2006

Weeks Events



So this is Jess and I. (Blogger won't move the picture to where I want it but this refers to my Wednesday adventure.)

This week has been full of the good, the bad, and the ugly. It is easy to become occupied with the negatives that come our way, so instead I will focus on the fun stuff this week.

Believe me, I have had a fun week! (This is what I am talking about when I have the freedom of not working as a line cook!)

Sunday I went to the Sox game. They won....it has been a tough two weeks. GO SOX!

Monday I spent the day in the city with my mom, sister, and brother. We took the train down and then ventured on the trollies to take us all around. We hit up Navy Pier for some mini golf and other activities and then headed to Millenium Park. It was so great to frolic in the water by the bean and get refreshed after playing in the heat all day.

Tuesday was fun because we celebrated my friends 25th birthday. It was a pool party which was so refreshing. When I was younger I was on winter and summer swim teams and loved it. I never really got into diving, but I conquered a fear of mine at the pool party. I jumped off the 5 METER platform. It was great! I don't know how those Olympic divers do it!

Wednesday, my roommate Jess and I headed to Great America. It was a celebration that she completed microbiology this summer and an early birthday extravaganza. We got on all the rides that we wanted too. We rode in the front seat of DeJaVu. That ride is my favorite, it scares the **** out of me, but then riding in the front was even more of a rush. Another great part of going to six flags was enjoying the water park- from the wave pool to the body slides to mat races to the lazy river...It all was great! And then to top off the night by eating a McDonalds cheeseburger, I couldn't be happier (it is the little things in life). Oh and closing down Gurnee Mills and getting some GREAT bargains was fantastic too.

I don't want the fun to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: