Friday, November 30, 2007

Late bloomer

Text messaging...I do it all the time now. Before I use to hate it! I thought it was so rude when people would just whip out their phone and text. (I do think there is tact on how and when to text...we'll save that for another time.) And now, I find myself loving it. It has come in handy so many times, I love being able to communicate when I can't talk on the phone. It's great. I know, I am way behind the times, but I guess it's better late than never.

On my phone, I don't have one of those nifty full keyboards, I have to wait forever to spell some words. So to help me we all "create" words that aren't spelled correctly but say what we are trying to communicate. I have found that this has come in handy when taking notes at school. It's crazy I am using numbers in my note taking and funny abbreviations. If someone looked at my school notes they would laugh. An interesting thing is that some of it is carrying over into how I am typing up papers...now this is bad. I have to make a conscious thought sometimes to spell a word properly instead of in "text" format.

A habit I am trying to be more careful about is texting while I am driving. It's a hard one to break, but I just need to pick more appropriate times to text.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as your not texting with kids in the car...your good! Lol...you know who this is!