Friday, January 04, 2008

Money IS the root of all evil

There are days when this phrase is ringing in my ears loud and clear. Today happens to be one of those days!!! If anyone knows me, they know that I am a very careful spender...some may even call me cheap. I am very aware of how much money I have and I like to make smart decisions on how to spend my hard earned money. As a student I am working hard to survive and enjoy life. There are days like today that I just wish I didn't have to worry about every freaking nickel, penny, and dime!

I am dreaming of the day when I don't have to decide between getting a Starbucks drink or picking up fast food for lunch. I am dreaming of the day when I can go on a vacation and not have had to save up for it over a few months. I am dreaming of the day when I can go shopping a drop a few hundred dollars and it not be a problem. I am dreaming of the day when I don't have to worry about money. I guess I will have to keep dreaming. I am reminded that all these "dreams" are wants and things that I don't have to have but sure would love to have and enjoy. I don't think God has planned my life to always have to live paycheck to paycheck. I am not doubting that living this way has taught me things like good spending habits, how to live debt free...but there will come a day (I am confident of this, but don't have a clue how it will happen) when I will be able to celebrate my dream!

A penny for your thoughts.

No comments: