Thursday, January 31, 2008

State exam

At school today I was talking with a professor about taking my final state exam this past Saturday. Ok, the exam was KILLER hard. Many people I spoke with that had already taken the exam said that it was a breeze and nothing to worry about. But since I know that I take tests differently and like to be super prepared, I still went all out by purchasing a study guide and questioning those who have already taken the exam. Going in I felt very prepared and like I was ready to conquer. Those feelings soon changed as I began reading the questions. I struggled through the entire thing! It was draining, frustrating, and time consuming. While I was testing I couldn't help but think about those who said that it was a piece of cake. Did I miss something? Did I study the wrong thing? Where did I go wrong? Why do I have to be the only one not getting this test? I felt that I was lacking or inadequate.

As I was sharing some of my experience with this professor she told me that she heard from several others that the exam was hard too! When she said this, I was so relieved. I was grateful to hear that I wasn't the only one who had a difficult time. I almost wanted to kiss her because I felt so comforted. I was not alone in how I was feeling or what I experienced. I was so thankful and this put me at ease. So when I get the results back in a month and find out that I might have to retake it, I won't feel stupid, alone, or that I failed.

No comments: