Monday, March 17, 2008

I was deceived

Today as I drove to church and back, the sun was shining and I was a bit warm in my car. So I cracked the sun roof and enjoyed the beautiful change in weather. With the sun shining, I just feel different and better.

Since we are going on a family vacation in a few months, I knew that I needed to step up my work out routine and "diet". With that said, I thought I would put in an extra workout today. After a healthy lunch I threw on a sweatshirt and pants and decided to take my workout outside. As soon as I walked out the door, it was freezing cold. My walk soon turned into a jog because all I could think about was getting warm. Then my lungs started killing me, every breath was painful. In my head I just wanted to turn around and give up. But I pushed through the pain, started walking again, and after 15 minutes, the breathing wasn't so painful. Until, my way back when I was walking against the wind. AHHH!

I think I will continue to use the treadmill until it is significantly warmer out. How do those people run outside during the winter? I must have done something wrong.

No comments: