Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My little getaway

This past Friday I headed to Arizona for a long weekend. I really needed a break from life here. I was visiting my college roommate, Tracy. We lived together all 4 years and now she is married and has 3 kids of her own.

My time there was pretty busy. I was able to see the area where the Superbowl was held, it's called Westlake. We walked around the stores, had coffee outside in the 70 degree heat, and sat and listened to a girl perform for the spectators. Another day we took a 3 1/2 hour hike up a mountain with a 4, 2, and 1 year old. That was a crazy experience! We ate a picnic lunch at the top of it, threw rocks, searched for lizards, and used lots of patience with the kiddos!

It was fun to drive around and enjoy the warm breeze and take in the view of the mountains. It was quite peaceful. Tracy and I hit up a few malls and parks for the kids. A huge highlight was getting the pleasure to eat at In-N-Out 2 times while I was there!!! Those burgers, fries, and shakes are too good to pass up if you are by one.

One night I met up with my best friend from high school. We lost contact over the years and I hadn't seen her in 12 years. So that was great fun getting to hang out with her and catch up on life.

While I was there, I forgot what it was like to be cold since I got a bit burnt and were outside all the time. I soon remembered as I walked off the plane and felt that cold draft come before I even got outside. Thankfully spring will be here next week...right?!?!

2 comments:

sharonie said...

I am so glad you got to get away for a little....it is well deserved for you!

Yamamoto Family said...

Okay...the In N Out logo is enough to make me hop a jet plane to the southwest. I'm glad you got to get away...get some burgers and shakes and feel the warmth on your skin!