Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Event: Friday

Ok, so I have had one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. Here is the skinny.

Part A:
I was going to spend the day with my sister Ashley and my brother Matthew. School was going to start and I wanted to party the day away with them. The plan was to go North Avenue Beach. Due to the weather forecast we had to change plans so we ended up doing a lot of different yet fun things: the mall, Portillos, Brunswick Zone, ice cream, and then swimming at my pool. It was great and I was so glad I could spend that time with Ashley and Matthew.

Part B:
For the first time in a while I felt like I was a "young professional" this evening. I really don't like that phrase but it captures my age, job (if I had one), and feelings. The plan was to go to a piano bar and celebrate a few summer birthdays. We ate dinner in the restaurant and then headed over to the piano bar part. There was a guy planning the piano (go figure), a girl singing, and another guy playing the drums. They were great, they played a wide variety of music and were so talented. Needless to say most of us were out on their small dance floor having the time of our lives. There was such an excitement and energy. It was great to partake in something other than a movie, "just hanging out"...

Cheers to Amaretto Stone Sours!!!!

No comments: