Friday, October 26, 2007

I miss it

This morning while I was working out, the video for "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers was playing. Whenever I hear any songs from that album I sing along and never get tired of hearing them. While I was listening, this song brought me back to a place.

I was in culinary school when this album came out. I purchased it and can remember playing it at school while we planned a culinary event. Then those thoughts led me to when I worked in Atwaters. The following are many thoughts I had while thinking about working in that great restaurant: There were so many firsts for me while I was there, ipod, shot, working in a restaurant...I remember getting a second after preparing a few dishes and running out into the bar to check on the score of the White Sox World Series, or taking the blame for a co-workers dumb mistakes or wondering how did I ever get the opportunity to work in a 4 diamond restaurant or just getting off work super late and going out or getting my new car or practicing my spanish and learning all kinds of new words.

The thing I miss the most is working with such a uniquely talented, diversified group of people who loved and accepted you.

It made me sad to think about these good times and to not be a part of them any longer. Maybe some day I will be back using my talents in the kitchen, but for now I am on another journey.

No comments: