Thursday, April 27, 2006

Eric and Kathy

I was so looking forward to today because when I get the chance, I love to go down to Chi town to get my hair done (it's way cheap). With a wedding to go to in May, I wanna look good. And I felt ultra cool when I saw in the newspaper that the salon I've gone to for years on Oak Street is the same one that cut Joe Crede and A.J. Pierzynski's hair last week (A.J. is on the right).

So I set out on my journey bright and early at 7:15 a.m., you never can predict how long it will take you in rush hour. As soon as I got on the highway it was nothing but traffic. Traffic annoys me to no end. I hate it. I don't get it, especially if there isn't an accident. AHHHH!!!!! While I sat and sat I was listening to Eric and Kathy on the Mix. Back in the day when I taught I would tune into them and remember getting a few chuckles from them.

Let me tell you, Eric and Kathy made my morning. Considering that the drive took a little over an hour and a half, it felt only like a few minutes. They made me laugh out loud, one guy looked over at me and gave me a weird look. That made me laugh even more.

As I recall what they talked about on the the air, nothing seemed totally funny. Eric and Kathy discussed: their trip to Puerto Rico and this guy named Jungle Jefferson who also attended the trip and got a brazilian wax (OUCH!!); Melissa, a cohost, who can sleep anywhere and through anything; an actress on the show "Lost" who was pulled over for driving under the influence and is choosing jail time over 240 hours of community service. As you can read, not super funny but both radio hosts have a way with words and telling stories that captured my attenion. I am going to attempt to tune in more often!!

No comments: